Subscribe: by Email | in Reader

What Do I Care? -- Sara Teasdale

Guest poem sent in by atheos
(Poem #1210) What Do I Care?
 What do I care, in the dreams and the languor of spring,
 That my songs do not show me at all?
 For they are a fragrance, and I am a flint and a fire,
 I am an answer, they are only a call.

 But what do I care, for love will be over so soon,
 Let my heart have its say and my mind stand idly by,
 For my mind is proud and strong enough to be silent,
 It is my heart that makes my songs, not I.
-- Sara Teasdale
I liked the poem of hers that featured in Minstrels, so I looked for more by
her. And I found this defiant, slightly sad poem. She seems to believe in the
evanescence of things... more, she seems to scorn them, and herself for having
truck with them.

What I love is the note of 'Yes, I am weak to feel/do this, but this isn't
really me - it's someone else that I indulge.' There is a sense of something
strong and beautiful that endures the passing foolishness of a weak spirit.

21 comments: ( or Leave a comment )

price per head said...

Pretty effective data, thanks so much for your article.

Unknown said...

If you would like boost cash to the suitable lead to, think about
a charitable golfing opposition. The game of golf tourneys develop
superb may in addition to provide helpful attention to your overall
lead to.The best seo siteGarmin Golf

Unknown said...

I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. I think it may be help all of you. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty blog with me.http://www.promptessay.com/ I am appreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great blog.

essays writer said...

Sometimes annoying to write what poemy.Lyudi do not know what they want from this life at all.

Anonymous said...

Sara, you are very talanted. http://online-essay-writer.org/ I really like your works!

Anonymous said...

very good post! need to www.masterpapers.com say you did a great job and i really appreciate it!

masterpapers review said...

I think you will forget my good, through strange the corner of the street. You use uniform skirt is placed, and I said the firm goodbye.

iessays-writer.org said...

The first series I watched this mystic. childhood favorite series.

get essay help said...

Swimming is a very healthy sport on looking for is. as I remember.

Unknown said...

your blog is good and nice post. Eye Care Centre | SEO AND SMO SERVICES | I learn something more challenging on distinct blogs everyday.

Anonymous said...

good
Menghilangkan Kutil di Kelamin Secara Tradisional
Menghilangkan Kutil di Kelamin Secara herbal
Menghilangkan Kutil di Kelamin
Menghilangkan Kutil Kelamin
Menghilangkan Kutil di Kelamin Secara Tradisional dan ampuh
Menghilangkan Kutil di Kelamin Tanpa Operasi
Menghilangkan Kutil di Kelamin
Menghilangkan Kutil Tanpa Operasi
Menghilangkan Kutil di Kemaluan
pengobatan Menghilangkan Kutil
Menghilangkan Kutil di Kelamin Tanpa ke Dokter
Menghilangkan Kutil di Kelamin
obat Menghilangkan Kutil di Kelamin Tanpa ke Dokter
obat Menghilangkan Kutil
pengobatan Menghilangkan Kutil
menghilangkan kutil pada kelamin
menghilangkan kutil kelamin
obat menghilangkan kutil pada kelamin
pengobatan menghilangkan kutil pada kelamin
menghilangkan kutil di kelamin
Menghilangkan Kutil Pada Alat Kelamin
Menghilangkan Kutil di Alat Kelamin
obat Menghilangkan Kutil Pada Alat Kelamin
pengobatan Menghilangkan Kutil Pada Alat Kelamin
Menghilangkan Kutil Pada Alat Kelamin pria
Menghilangkan Kutil Pada Sekitar Kelamin
Menghilangkan Kutil Sekitar Kelamin
Menghilangkan Kutil Pada Kelamin
pengobatan Menghilangkan Kutil Pada Sekitar Kelamin
obat Menghilangkan Kutil Pada Sekitar Kelamin
Menghilangkan Kutil Pada Daerah Kelamin
Menghilangkan Kutil Daerah Kelamin
Menghilangkan Kutil di Daerah Kelamin
Menghilangkan Kutil
obat Menghilangkan Kutil
Cara Menghilangkan Kutil Pada Kelamin
Menghilangkan Kutil Pada Kelamin
Cara Menghilangkan Kutil
Cara alami Menghilangkan Kutil Pada Kelamin
Cara ampuh Menghilangkan Kutil Pada Kelamin
Menghilangkan Kutil Pada Kelamin Pria
Menghilangkan Kutil Kelamin Pria
pengobatan Menghilangkan Kutil Pada Kelamin Pria
obat Menghilangkan Kutil Pada Kelamin Pria
Menghilangkan Kutil di Kelamin Pria

Post a Comment